Table of Contents
Introduction to Testosterone
Testosterone is one of the reasons why men are stronger, capable of physical exertion, and have facial hair.
It’s a primary hormone that starting to produce in men right after their conception.
The peak level of testosterone reaches at the time of puberty and after a certain age (30-40 years) its levels come to the decline phase.
Over the years, men develop a significant amount of testosterone, diet, and normal things in life impact its production though.
Some men begin to produce too little testosterone which can result in Hypogonadism. The treatments for this are many and available only on prescription.
Men who have normal levels of testosterone 270-1070 ng/dL which is considered normal. Any value above or below this must be taken into consideration.
The Effects of Testosterone on the Body – Defined
Testosterone poses different effects on body systems. Endocrine System is the main location for testosterone birth. This comprises of different hormones and neurotransmitters which signal the hypothalamus in the brain which again signals the pituitary gland to produce T-Hormone.
The pituitary gland sends back these signals to the male testicles where the majority of the testosterone is produced.
Some amount is produced by the adrenal gland located just above the kidneys.
Females tend to produce testosterone in minute levels where ovaries and adrenal glands are involved.
The Reproductive System is defined by the production of testosterone after conception. It helps to define the male genitals first and at the time of puberty, it allows the size of the penis to grow.
Testicles are dedicated to producing a certain amount of testosterone without any interference while they also make fresh samples of sperm every day.
Testosterone has a stronger effect on Sexuality, its increased levels encourage the growth of the penis, body hair, and deepness in the voice. The feelings of sexual desire and timing to bear the vaginal friction also comes from testosterone.
On the Central Nervous System, testosterone has a firm grasp as it controls the signaling and exchange of chemicals in the brain.
Healthy levels of testosterone mean rapid decision making and a stronger mind.
Testosterone involves the structural and elemental growth of Skin and Hair cells. While decreased T-levels are proven to cause hair loss in the majority of men.
The low levels of testosterone are treated by Testosterone replacement therapy which has negative outcomes such as gynecomastia, acne, and headaches.
Testosterone makes the bulkier muscles, stronger bones, and protective fat cells which improves libido in men.
This will also encourage the growth of muscle tissues by reacting with the nuclear receptors in the DNA which is responsible for protein synthesis.
Testosterone improves bone density and signals the production of Red Blood Cells via Bone Marrow.
So if you have a large pool of testosterone, it’s unlikely that your bones break upon minor injury.
In the Circulatory System, the role of testosterone is to ease the blood supply and proper pumping of the heart.
“According to many studies, testosterone has a positive effect on the heart where it reduces blood pressure, increased cholesterol levels in the arteries and clots.”
What Does High Testosterone Do to a Man?
Eating testosterone foods, taking testosterone supplements even though your body doesn’t need it. This can lead to too much testosterone which is the reason for health problems in men.
The excess of testosterone hormone in men results in road rage, furious fights, and sexual impulsiveness (in a bad way).
Signs of a High Testosterone in a Man Involves:
- Damage to the heart muscles or risk of heart attack
- Low sperm count, infertility
- Testicular shrinkage
- Enlargement of the prostate gland
- Excessive hair growth
- Liver disease
- Lack of sleep
- Weight gain/High blood pressure
- Water retention and swelling of the legs and feet
- Increased abnormal muscle mass
- Gigantism (excessive growth of the body)
- Aggressive behavior, mood swings, delusions
In the female, the effect of excessive testosterone can lead to Polycystic Ovary Syndrome which is common around 6-10% of women worldwide having the premenopausal syndrome.
What Testosterone Deficiency Do to a Man?
It is an interesting subject for many studies and pharmaceutical companies to track the effects of testosterone deficiency among men. The levels of testosterone drop very gradually in men after each year passes (1-2% a year).
The testes started to produce less testosterone and so does the signaling of the pituitary to the testes becomes feeble over time.
There is a protein called Sex Hormone Binding Globulin which gets increased with age poses negative effects on testosterone production.
This protein reduces the amount of free testosterone that men after their 40’s notices.
Here is what too less testosterone does to a man.
- Hair loss- facial and body hair
- Loss of sex drive, small testicles
- Reduce sperm count/Low semen volume
- Increased the size of mammary glands/breasts
- Irritability/mood swings/depression
- Hot flashes
- Shallow bones with increased fracture risk
Testosterone Treatment – When to Visit a Doctor
Upon displaying several symptoms, doctors prescribe testosterone replacement therapy to men.
Low testosterone levels sometimes kick in as asymptomatic which only after taking a blood sample or physical examination can be visible.
Anyone who noticed the aforementioned symptoms of low testosterone levels in men must get a doctor’s appointment or medical attention.
Treatment for Low Testosterone in Males
TRT is the most common treatment for testosterone deficiency, this is only applicable once the doctor has got your lab results which indicate a deficiency.
There are several ways to provide TRT which include Skin Patches, Gels, Testosterone Injections, Testosterone Pills, Implanted Pellets through Surgery.
Normally, the symptoms will go within 4-6 weeks after TRT.
Testosterone Foods to Increase Testosterone Levels
Some foods have a higher tendency to produce testosterone naturally in men, make sure to add these foods to your diet plan.
- Tuna Fish: The secret for Tuna is rich in Vitamin D which is the precursor for testosterone production. Vitamin D is considered healthy for the heart and adrenal gland and it conveys a good type of cholesterol with numerous protein-rich calories. Eating most fishes have direct effects on testosterone levels but a full serving of tuna fulfills the daily demands of Vitamin D.
- Milk with Low Fat and High Vitamin D: Milk can get us protein and calcium with countless health benefits like strengthening the bones and immune system. In some milk, the content of Vitamin D is higher while they are Low-fat milk, get these.
- Eggs: Especially the Egg Yolks are the richest source of Vitamin D, the cholesterol content in the yolk is way higher but it has more nutrients than the egg white.
- Fortified cereals: on the replacement of the eggs are great for breakfast that fulfills your demand for Vitamin D.
- Oysters: Oysters are filled with an outrageous amount of good fats and Zinc that is essential testosterone sustenance in men. Zinc supplements are given to those men who have low testosterone in their system, apart from Oyster you can also get Zinc from other sources.
- Shellfish: These involve lobsters or crabs served occasionally to maintain T-Levels in men. A big part of shellfish provides a significant amount of Zinc content which adds up to the testosterone building system. It has been shown by the study from the National Institute of Health which says “Around 3 ounce serving of Alaskan King Crab has 45% of the daily value of Zinc”.
- Beef: You can’t just cut down the red meat from the diet because they are the stronger source of testosterone enhancing compounds. Colon cancer is the reason why most people avoid red meat these days but it’s good to have a limited amount sometimes in a while.
- Beans and Nuts: Beans and different type of nuts provide a heavy source of Zinc and Vitamin D to the body, in the category of beans you may take Chickpeas, Lentils, and baked beans into consideration while consuming pistachio, walnuts occasionally.
The Effect of Testosterone On the Body in a Nutshell
There was a study that confirmed the fact that whoever subjects were having low testosterone levels were started to experience the impaired body functions.
This may give you an idea about what type of importance this hormone holds. There are risks involved in both ways if testosterone is either high or low in your system.
But the world seeks treatment for the deficiency more than it seeks for too extra testosterone in men.
Testosterone replacement therapy is the option that men have applied to their lives but it comes with an array of side effects. To manage the natural flow of testosterone, consume natural and healthy foods.
Supplements to boost testosterone should also be selected cautiously as many testosterone pills cause adverse effects in some users.
Top 4 Real Phentermine OTC Alternatives for Weight Loss in 2023 near me Online – https://www.outlookindia.com/outlook-spotlight/phentermine-over-the-counter-top-4-real-otc-phentermine-alternatives-updated-list-2023-news-234704
6 Top Phentermine Brands for Weight Loss in 2023 – https://www.outlookindia.com/outlook-spotlight/phentermine-weight-loss-brands-in-2023-8-best-phentermine-over-the-counter-diet-pills-comparison-review-news-234711/ Lomaira , Topamax , Adipex , Fastin , Metermine , Duromine
Over the Counter Phentermine Alternatives in 2023 – https://www.outlookindia.com/outlook-spotlight/phentermine-over-the-counter-4-top-choice-of-otc-phentermine-alternatives-in-2023-news-234684/
Best Weight loss Clinics that prescribed Phentermine Near me in 2023 – https://www.outlookindia.com/outlook-spotlight/weight-loss-clinics-near-me-2022-updated-list-over-the-counter-and-prescription-weight-loss-clinics-that-prescribe-phentermine-near-me-news-232866
Best diet pills and weight loss supplements for women in 2023 – https://www.outlookindia.com/outlook-spotlight/diet-pills-review-2022-updated-list-online-4-best-diet-pills-for-women-and-men-near-me-news-232916
Top 4 Best weight loss Pills that actually work in 2023 for women and men – https://www.outlookindia.com/outlook-spotlight/weight-loss-pills-2022-near-me-updated-4-best-weight-loss-pills-that-actually-work-for-men-and-women-news-232818
Buy OTC Phentermine Alternatives for Weight Loss in USA, UK, Australia and Canada – https://www.outlookindia.com/outlook-spotlight/where-to-buy-phentermine-worldwide-guide-to-buy-over-the-counter-phentermine-alternative-online-news-228804